Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious vegan version of tortilla soup! It is easy and quick, even on a week night!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 large red potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1) Preheat oven to 350.
- 2) Add all prepared ingredients to a saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3) Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4) Place tortilla strips on baking sheet.
- 5) Bake tortilla strips for 5-10 minutes, remove when crispy.
- 6) Serve soup with tortilla strips on top.