This recipe is from Isa Chandra (post punk kitchen). It's easy, elegant and lemony. Pure Bliss! I tend to double the sauce, just because it is that good. Serve over mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup capers, plus a little brine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups arugula
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat a large heavy bottomed pan over medium. Saute the shallots and garlic for about 5 minutes, until golden. Add the breadcrumbs and toast them by stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. They should turn a few shades darker.
- 2Add the vegetable broth and wine, salt, black pepper and thyme. Turn up heat and bring to a rolling boil and let the sauce reduce by 1/2, it should take about 7 minutes.
- 3Add the chickpeas and capers to heat through, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon and turn off the heat.
- 4If serving with mashed potatoes, place the arugula in a wide bowl. Place mashed potatoes on top, and ladle picatta over the potatoes. The arugula will wilt and it will be lovely. If you are serving solo, just pour right over the arugula.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Chickpea Picatta
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 658.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: