1/2 Photos of Vegan Chickpea Korma
You can serve this over rice or as is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 1/2 ounces chickpeas (I use low sodium)
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- cayenne pepper
- 1Combine the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, cardamom, coriander, and a bit of the vegetable oil to make a paste. Set aside.
- 2Fry the chopped onion in vegetable oil until soft.
- 3Stir curry paste mixture into the onion and fry together for a minute.
- 4Stir the coconut milk into the onion/curry paste mixture in the pan to create the sauce and heat through to bubbling.
- 5Add in the bell pepper and chickpeas.
- 6Stir together, and then stir in ginger and cayenne pepper (taste to get the desire level of heat from the cayenne).
- 7Bring to bubbling and then cover and reduce heat.
- 8Simmer for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Chickpea Korma
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.6
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 346.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g