Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This one is super yummy!! I absolutely don't miss chicken in this one! It comes from... oh.. one of my cook books--probably either La Dolce Vegan, How it all Vegan, or Garden of Vegan.
- 1 cup tempeh, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise (I like to use Follow Your Heart Vegenaise Grapeseed oil flavor)
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium pickle, finely chopped (I use bread and butter pickles)
- 1⁄2 of a medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (braggs aminos)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Steam tempeh for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Toss together all ingredients.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder to spice it up a little.
- And of course, refrigerate.
Delicious!! I doubled the recipe too. I used red onion and dijon mustard - very nice. I did like the curry powder addition also. Thank you :)
This dish is SOOO tasty! I always double the recipe because it disappears too fast! I do not use the pickle, however I ALWAYS add an 1/8 teaspoon of HOT Curry Powder. But you can add ANY spicy addition like 1/2 finely MINCED Jalapeno pepper. WOW!
YUM!!!!! Oh my gosh, best vegan chicken salad I've ever had. I added in some red grapes and toasted almonds as well as some paprika and garlic powder. I am patiently awaiting lunchtime now. It took all I had to not eat it for breakfast!! :) Thank you for this amazing recipe! I'm going to take it to Thanksgiving this year for sure. <3