Recipe by taskette81
Delicious Vegan Pot Pie. Perfect for Holidays!
Top Review by jalexander
I LOVE this recipe!! It has everything it needs to make it comfort food, but certainly doesnâ€™t have as many caloriesâ€¦The flavor is wonderful, the only thing I tend to do on occasion is add a bit of marjoram, other than that, itâ€™s simple and easy and tends to please meat eaters and veggie lovers alikeâ€¦Thank you for posting this!
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup yukon gold potato, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups vegan chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup almond milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in earth balance until translucent. Add garlic & saute for 1 minute Add all remaining ingredients (except peas), mix well and heat over medium heat until bubbly.
- Stir in peas. Pour into a 2 qt casserole dish and top with crust.
- Bake at 375 F for 30-45 minutes.
- Pot Pie Crust: 1 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/3 cup Crisco & 2-3 tbsp cold water.
- Mix flour and salt together, cut in shortening, add the water, then shape into a ball and chill. Once it's chilled roll out the dough to fit the casserole dish.