Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Getting ready for the holidays with some delicious vegan dishes that even my meat loving friends and family will enjoy! :) From one of my favorite cookbooks, "The Best of Silver Hills, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine."
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon vegan chicken seasoning (I use McKays vegan Chicken Style Seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon dill (optional)
- salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour blended mixture into small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- Serve hot over our favorite entrees.
A good gravy, very simple and quick to make. I make cashew based gravies all the time, I just found this one on the watery side, even after adding some extra flour. My daughter thought it was really good, and it went well with our potatoes....I just found for my tastes that it needed some extra flavour and less of the onion powder.
Boy, this was real simple and delicious. I probably would of given it 5 stars, but I did not put salt in it. Probably would of given it a bit more. It was still good though, Thank you.