Recipe by the80srule
From my nutritional yeast cookbook, a tasty and flavorful all-purpose powder to make instant "chickeny" broth and would be a good spice mix to use on rice, firm tofu, veggies, old bread, etc. to make vegan "chicken" stufifng. (1 SERVING = 1 TABLESPOON)
- 1 1⁄2 cups nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or spice grinder fitted with a metal blade and process into a powder.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature Shake well prior to using to redistribute the ingredients.
- To make a broth/soup base, place 1 tablespoon of this mix into a saucepan. Whisk in 2 cups water or vegetable stock/broth and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 1 minute, then serve with beans, other veggies, rice/pasta, etc. for a good soup.