Recipe by OrangeLuna
This recipe makes for soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies and is so yummy. Nobody would guess they're vegan.
Top Review by Andicane
Love these cookies. I exchanged 1/2 C of the regular flour for wheat flour and used regular firm tofu. First batch came out a bit thinner than I'd like. Easy fix: keep dough in fridge for 20 minutes before baking.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine (room temp)
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup extra-firm silken tofu (mori nu)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the sugars, shortening and margarine for 5 minutes.
- Puree tofu and vanilla in blender or processor until smooth.
- Add pureed tofu to the cream mixture and mix well.
- In separate bowl, SIFT flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until flour just disappears.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Make cookie dough balls (this recipe should make 16) and flatten them slightly onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for around 9 and 1/2 minutes.