Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe makes for soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies and is so yummy. Nobody would guess they're vegan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the sugars, shortening and margarine for 5 minutes.
- Puree tofu and vanilla in blender or processor until smooth.
- Add pureed tofu to the cream mixture and mix well.
- In separate bowl, SIFT flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until flour just disappears.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Make cookie dough balls (this recipe should make 16) and flatten them slightly onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for around 9 and 1/2 minutes.
Love these cookies. I exchanged 1/2 C of the regular flour for wheat flour and used regular firm tofu. First batch came out a bit thinner than I'd like. Easy fix: keep dough in fridge for 20 minutes before baking.
These cookies are awesome and they do taste like bakery cookies. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!! :) I wanted to add that these are also good made with whole wheat flour and you can use firm regular tofu (the kind in water like Nasoya, Frieda's etc.) if you don't have silken on hand. I like this recipe because it is adaptable and the cookies are always wonderful and you would never guess that they are vegan, and I can make them whenever I want since I have the ingredients on hand most of the time.