Recipe by vigilant20
Vegan Cheese Cracker recipe. Like the fishes only more delicious. Originally seen published on the have cake, will travel blog.
Top Review by the80srule
I was really curious to try these after looking for nooch recipes-- glad I did! I don't keep margarine in the house due to health reasons; I used sunflower oil instead and it worked fine-- it was very crumbly so I added water bit by bit until it reached a cookie dough like consistency. I didn't really care about appearance so I just formed small balls with my hands to put them on the baking sheet. Took about 20 minutes to bake in my convection oven; but a few in the back got singed-- had an unpleasant tinge but the other crackers were really good. They had a slightly floury taste but the bite was just perfect, goes great with hummus. You don't taste the cheesy overtone until a little later. Very easy to throw together and I thought the thicker ones tasted better than the thin ones.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except water in a bowl. Slowly add water until the dough forms a ball. You may not need all of the water!
- Roll out on a clean surface to about 1/3 inch thickness. Cut out shapes using the smallest cookie cutters you have. Continue to re-roll scraps until all dough is used.
- Place crackers on baking sheets lined with waxed paper. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, until crackers are set and golden.