Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
This recipe is from the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook and has a zillion excellent reviews. Hope you enjoy this tasty and much healthier version too!
- 2 cups white wine (or 1 cup rice vinegar plus one cup water)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot or 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender.Blend for a few minutes. Ensure that the oats are ground until fine. You are aiming for a smooth consistency.
- Pour this mixture into a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes. Continue to stir until the mixture turns thick and smooth.
- Prepare the fondue pot (rub with garlic and or grease with some olive oil. Pour in the vegan fondue and keep warm in the usual fashion for fondue.
- Provide crusty bread and some veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, etc.