Recipe by Girly_Girl_Lori
I found this recipe when I was making a dessert for a group of people who had lots of food allergies. This recipe is egg, peanut, and milk free, and the non allergy people could not tell a difference. This really is an outstanding dessert to be made for people with food allergies, vegetarians, vegans, or people without food restrictions! Warning: Does contain soy and wheat.
- 236.59 ml soymilk or 236.59 ml rice milk
- 4 black tea bags or 29.58 ml loose black tea
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml vanilla soy yogurt
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 0.25 ml white pepper or 0.25 ml ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg or 1.23 ml ground mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 and line tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small saucepan heat soymilk until it is almost boiling. Add tea bags, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes.When ready to use stir teabags and thoroughly squeeze to insure as much tea is dissolved in milk as possible.
- In a large bowl wisk together oil, yogurt, sugar, vanilla and tea mixture until all yogurt lumps disappear. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and pepper into wet ingredients. Mix until large lumps disappear; some small lumps are okay. Fill tins full and bake about 20 to 22 minutes until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
- Make sure cupcakes are completely cooled before adding topping, or the sugar will melt and not look pretty or powdery.
- To assemble, sift confectioners sugar over cooled cupcakes first, then mix cocoa, cinnamon, and nutmeg together and sift onto each cupcake. Enjoy!