Recipe by Mrs. Muffins
These muffins are so yummy, you'll forget they're loaded with so vitamins and fiber. You could give them an extra boost with a couple tablespoons of ground flax seed if you want, too! Yum.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot or 16 baby carrots worth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another medium bowl, combine the wet. Then combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until everything is moist.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased muffin pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.