Recipe by YummySmellsca
A fast, simple caramel sauce made with an almond milk base and finished with vegan butter. Created for my Baked Caramel Cappuccino Donuts.
Top Review by janienelson2013
Mine ended up hardening right away in my pan. It's a good hard candy, if I could get it out. What I maneged to get into my jar hardened too so I added milk and it was ok, but it was like only an inch of sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (like Earth Balance or Becel Vegan)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, sugar, salt and almond milk.
- Cook over medium heat until sugars dissolve, then increase the heat to medium-high and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Stirring often, let the mixture boil until it reaches a thick but pourable consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vegan butter. Pour into a heat safe container and set aside.