Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this yet, but I wanted to keep it handy for when we make our next batch of "ice cream."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix arrowroot and water together, blending until smooth then set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients in heavy saucepan and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add arrowroot and water mixture to sauce and simmer 2-3 more minutes.
This was good. I actually made the recipe that was on theveganchef.com. Its basically the same on the website, just the amount is less on the ingredients. Anyway, i made this to go over gluten free, vegan, brownie sundaes and it was delicious. Don't expect the same texture as regular caramel sauce. This is good for a vegan wanting caramel sauce. I will make again, this is my go to recipe for caramel sauce.