Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious vegan burritos! This recipe comes from Dr. Alejandro Junger's "Clean" program.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime (just the juice ( )
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup winter squash, such as butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander
- 1 dash cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄4 cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup black beans (cooked or canned) or 1 cup pinto beans (cooked or canned)
- 2 brown rice tortillas
- In a small bowl mix rice, cilantro and lime - set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss winter squash, onion, garlic and spices with olive oil. Spread on baking sheet.
- Roast at 375°F for 30 minutes or until the squash is soft and starting to brown.
- Stir periodically to prevent burning.
- Toss black beans with squash mixture at the end to warm.
- In a large dry skillet over medium heat warm tortilla on both sides until pliable (watch so it doesn’t burn).
- Fill warm tortillas with squash/bean mixture.
- Top with avocado, cilantro and cabbage.
- Roll burrito to seal it.