Vegan Courtney's Note:
This is a vegan alternative to http://www.recipezaar.com/browse/getrecipe.zsp?id=26806&path= . I have a hard time finding veggie burgers that I actually like, so I often make my own. You can put half the nutritional yeast right into the patties and sprinkle the rest on top afterwards, or just save it all for the end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2In a bowl, mix the water, oats, onion, rosemary, and salt.
- 3Finely chop 1/2 cup of alfalfa sprouts and add to the mixture in the bowl.
- 4Add the faux-beef and mix well.
- 5Make 4 3/4 inch thick patties and place them on an unheated broiler pan.
- 6Broil 2-3 inches away from heat for 6 minutes.
- 7Turn and broil for another 6-8 minutes or until they're as done as you like them.
- 8While the patties are broiling, measure the nutritional yeast into 4 equal parts (1 TBSP each).
- 9Place 1 TBSP nutritional yeast flakes on each patty when they're done broiling.
- 10Garnish the top of the patties with the rest of the sprouts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Burgers With Alfalfa Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g