Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious, fluffy and moist vegan style brownies with a hint of cinnamon. This recipe is great because the brownies don't come out too dry but do be careful not to over cook them. Also, start with 1 cup of soy milk and continue to add more as needed until batter is smooth. For an added treat you could also use rasberry jam as a topping, just spread over a brownie and enjoy!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package tofu
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Puree the tofu in a food processor until smooth, add milk, applesauce, vanilla and almond extracts, set aside.
- In a seperate bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until smooth and then pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and let cool.