Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix wet ingredients, then dump in all the dry -- don't over mix --
- Bake at 350' for about 20-25 minutes.
- They're supposed to look gooey! you can even add your favorite vegan chocolate chips, add coconut, or nuts!
The recipe here calls for Far less liquid than necessary. I had to add almost an entire cup extra soy milk (I used unsweetened soy milk instead of water) to make the mixture spreadable, and not be a solid lump. These are also Barely sweet - Barely. As well as possessing an odd texture. Overall the taste is very "flat" and not worth the calories.
This is a very tasty brownie. :) I had to add almost 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk to get everything to mix well. It's not too sweet, which is fine by me. This made about 6 brownies. Thanks!