Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be made to be unvegan too.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces (like Earth Balance)
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Melt the chocolate and Earth Balance in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Mash the bananas, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until well blended and free of lumps. Add melted chocolate and Earth Balance, stir to combine. Add flour and salt until the batter resembles a loose dough (not liquidy, but not like bread dough--like the consistency of biscuit dough).
- Fill a lined muffin tin with the batter until the cups are half to three-quarters full. Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.