Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious cheesy blend of cauliflower and broccoli, veganized, with some crunch and an interesting spice addition.
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (dried bread crumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 tablespoon paprika
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Blend together milk, oil, flour, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Cook, stirring well, over medium heat in a saucepan until thickened.
- Turn off heat.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower to saucepan and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs, cheese, paprika, and then parsley over the top.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
This was really creamy and easy to make. I substituted ground cashews for nutritional yeast and it still turned out good. It tasted a little bland so next time I will add garlic salt.
Surprisingly good! I added 8oz (uncooked) noodles, boiled them, drained and put in the bottom of the casserole dish before putting in the sauce and vegis. When pouring the 'vegi sauce' onto the noodles I was thinking I made a big mistake, it honestly looked revolting. And cooking broc and caulif together ain't exactly the greatest smelling combination. but get through the creation phase and the end product both looks good and tastes good.