Recipe by HippieVeganMamaTo5
A delicious cheesy blend of cauliflower and broccoli, veganized, with some crunch and an interesting spice addition.
Top Review by Victorria W.
This was really creamy and easy to make. I substituted ground cashews for nutritional yeast and it still turned out good. It tasted a little bland so next time I will add garlic salt.
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (dried bread crumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 tablespoon paprika
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Blend together milk, oil, flour, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Cook, stirring well, over medium heat in a saucepan until thickened.
- Turn off heat.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower to saucepan and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs, cheese, paprika, and then parsley over the top.
- Cook for 10 minutes.