Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Gianna's Grille restaurant in Philly. Haven't tried it yet - it's for nutritional info and safekeeping.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 teaspoons soy oil
- 8 teaspoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 gallon soymilk
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 head broccoli floret
- 1 head cauliflower floret
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion and celery until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the oil and flour and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Slowly add the soy milk and vegetable stock, whisking continuously. Add enough stock to reach the desired thickness.
- Add the potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets, rosemary, sage, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the florets are tender.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve.
This makes a big pot of thick soup. It was good, but just a bit too much rosemary, I think. Also, I assumed since it is a bisque that it should be pureed or partially pureed; so I did, but it does not state that in the recipe directions. I used real milk, so it wasn't vegan, but I think it would be just as good with soy milk. I will make this again, but I'll cut down the rosemary (and maybe cut down on sage, too). Thanx for posting.