Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe uses oatmeal and pecan meal to make a delicious "sausage" patties! These should sit just a little bit to dry out. You could make these the day before and refrigerate, then just heat up in the morning. Good for the lunch box too! Adapted from 3ABN with a little tweak.
- 2 cups water (or vegetable broth-I used half each)
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup pecan meal
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (or sweetening of choice)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and seasonings to a boil. When boiling, add quick oats and pecan meal, stirring well.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Allow to cool. Add rest of ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
- Form into thin patties and fry in a little olive oil on medium low heat until browned on both sides, about 5-7 minutes per side. The longer you let them sit the firmer they will be.