I love this recipe, I've eaten it for breakfasts and lunches... the texture and taste is very much like its' meat version... only this is way better for you. Good enough to serve to meat eaters, I promise!
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- Stir together flax and water in a small bowl or cup, set aside.
- In a food processor, add dry oats and pulse on high six or seven times, add the rice and pulse a few more times.
- Add remaining ingredients including 1 T canola oil and flax/water mixture and blend till just mixed. (do not over process, you can finish mixing together with your hands).
- With dampened hands, form balls the size of a ping pong ball and then flatten into little patties about 1/4" thick (thicker if you like).
- coat the bottom of a non-stick frying pan with the remaining 1 T canola oil and heat over medium high.
- When the oil is hot, cook the patties on each side until they are browned.
- transfer to a paper towel to blot off any excess oil before serving.