1/1 Photo of Vegan Breakfast Sausage
I love this recipe, I've eaten it for breakfasts and lunches... the texture and taste is very much like its' meat version... only this is way better for you. Good enough to serve to meat eaters, I promise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1Stir together flax and water in a small bowl or cup, set aside.
- 2In a food processor, add dry oats and pulse on high six or seven times, add the rice and pulse a few more times.
- 3Add remaining ingredients including 1 T canola oil and flax/water mixture and blend till just mixed. (do not over process, you can finish mixing together with your hands).
- 4With dampened hands, form balls the size of a ping pong ball and then flatten into little patties about 1/4" thick (thicker if you like).
- 5coat the bottom of a non-stick frying pan with the remaining 1 T canola oil and heat over medium high.
- 6When the oil is hot, cook the patties on each side until they are browned.
- 7transfer to a paper towel to blot off any excess oil before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Breakfast Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.8
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 386.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g