1/1 Photo of Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches
I came up with this one morning and it's become one of my favorite breakfast foods. What's best is making this on a Sunday, having one sandwich, then taking the leftovers to work to reheat in the microwave every morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and sliced into 6 even slabs
- 6 slices vegan sausage patties, pressed thin
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- vegan margarine
- 6 vegan American cheese (Tofutti singles)
- 6 English muffins, toasted
- 1Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the sausage on both sides until browned. Place on a plate with paper towels to drain and keep the plate in a warmed oven.
- 2On another plate, combine the soy flour, garlic powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Dredge the drained tofu in the mixture and make sure all sides are evenly coated.
- 3Heat the remaining oil in the pan and in 2 batches, fry the coated tofu until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. When they are done, add to the plate of sausages in the oven to drain excess oil and to keep warm.
- 4Toast and butter the English muffins. Assemble the sandwiches with the sausage on the bottom, tofu in the middle, and slice of soy cheese on the top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 349.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan sausage patties
vegan American cheese