Recipe by peachy_pie
I got this recipe from vegweb and adapted it to suit our tastes. This makes a great Sunday morning breakfast or a good breakfast burrito filling.
Top Review by yayforcookies
These were great! I made a small batch as my frying pan is quite small. I used one large sweet potato, one medium green pepper, 1/4 of a red onion, omitted the garlic, replaced cayenne pepper with chili powder and also replaced red pepper flakes with paprika (I improvised as I didn't have those spices available). I chopped the onion and pepper, and cut the sweet potato into thin little squares (roughly 1 in. x 1 in. x 1/8 in.). I used an olive oil cooking spray on the bottom of the pan and cooked it uncovered on low-med heat for a little over an hour (I stirred/flipped the veggies quite frequently to ensure even cooking and to prevent sticking/burning). It was absolutely delicious and I will be making it again! :)
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 -2 cup bell pepper, sliced (mixed yellow orange, green, and red)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- olive oil, to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes into 1-2 mm rounds, bell pepper into thin strips, and chop onions. Place in skillet with a thin layer of olive oil coating bottom. Add spices and herbs. Cook covered on med-low heat for 45-60 minute.
- They will be meltingly tender. Let cook while you drink copious amounts of coffee and by the time you can walk and think properly, they will be ready!