1/1 Photo of Vegan Breakfast Patties
1 hr 5 mins
These freeze well if you wrap them individually. Then you can remove them one or two at a time and microwave for about a minute. They are best enjoyed with a fork since they are a bit crumbly. I like to sprinkle them with Braggs aminos before serving but I bet they would also be really good with some vegan gravy! I got this recipe from The Great American Detox Diet by Alex Jamieson (of Supersize Me fame). Cooking time includes cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons spelt or 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 cups warm vegetable broth or 1 1/2 cups plain soymilk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup finely chopped raw nuts (walnuts taste good)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or 1 cup other whole grain
- 1 cup minced shiitake mushrooms or 1 cup button mushroom
- 1Heat oil, flour and soy sauce in large skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk well to combine.
- 2Whisk in broth or soy milk and cook until thickened, continuing to whisk, about 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and add the oats, onion, sage, thyme, nuts, rice, and mushrooms. Stir well to combine and transfer entire contents to a medium mixing bowl. Allow to set at room temperature for 10 minutes, then refrigerate until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- 5Remove the mixture from refrigerator, and scoop 1/4 cup of mixture into a patty. Place on the lined baking sheet, and continue to scoop mixture into patties until done.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes, and serve.
- 7If freezing, wrap each patty individually in plastic wrap.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Breakfast Patties
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 161.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: