1/1 Photo of Vegan Breakfast Couscous With Fresh Fruit
From the fabulous cookbook La Dolce Vegan. Feel free to substitute your favorite fresh fruit in season: peaches, berries, etc.; even dried fruit, etc. Couscous is ideal for breakfast as it is not only nutritious but cooks very quickly. Living the Dolce Vegan!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup soymilk (Read *NOTE) or 3/4 cup rice milk (Read *NOTE)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or 1/4 cup unsweetened cranberry juice or 1/4 cup unsweetened white grape juice or 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced
- cinnamon or cardamom
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 1*NOTE: Regular cow's milk can be substituted for the soy milk.
- 2In a small pot on high heat, bring the milk substitute and juice of choice just to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and stir in the couscous with a fork. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Turn off heat, leave pan on element, and allow to stand a few minutes.
- 5If desired, season with salt. Serve with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon or other favorite spice.
- 6Yield: 1 medium or 2 small servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Breakfast Couscous With Fresh Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat couscous