Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
For yummy biscuits and gravy! A good vegan comfort food for a hearty breakfast. We make this with our breakfast biscuits. Turn this into "sausage" gravy by adding Griller Crumblers or another vegan sausage/beef substitute. We usually always use crumblers with our gravy. We have a recipe for Vegetarian Sausages but I haven't tried using it with this gravy yet. Found this on Patricia LaVanture's cooking program. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegan chicken seasoning (I use Mckays)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegan beef bouillon powder (vegan beef seasoning, I use Mckays)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 -6 ounces soy crumbles (or other substitute 1/4-1/2 of 12 oz bag) (optional)
- In saucepan, bring the 1 cup water to a boil.
- Blend the remaining ingredients except vegan sausage or crumbles until creamy, adding the flour at the end of the blending time.
- Add the blended mixture to the boiling water, stirring with a whisk until mixture comes back to a boil.
- Stir in crumbles. Serve piping hot over biscuits or toast.