1/1 Photo of Vegan Breakfast Biscuit Gravy
For yummy biscuits and gravy! A good vegan comfort food for a hearty breakfast. We make this with our breakfast biscuits. Turn this into "sausage" gravy by adding Griller Crumblers or another vegan sausage/beef substitute. We usually always use crumblers with our gravy. We have a recipe for Vegetarian Sausages but I haven't tried using it with this gravy yet. Found this on Patricia LaVanture's cooking program. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegan chicken seasoning (I use Mckays)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan beef bouillon powder (vegan beef seasoning, I use Mckays)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 -6 ounces soy crumbles (or other substitute 1/4-1/2 of 12 oz bag) (optional)
- 1In saucepan, bring the 1 cup water to a boil.
- 2Blend the remaining ingredients except vegan sausage or crumbles until creamy, adding the flour at the end of the blending time.
- 3Add the blended mixture to the boiling water, stirring with a whisk until mixture comes back to a boil.
- 4Stir in crumbles. Serve piping hot over biscuits or toast.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Breakfast Biscuit Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 448.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan chicken seasoning
vegan beef bouillon powder