1/1 Photo of Vegan Bread Dressing
I lost my Bread Dressing recipe but a friend of mine makes this one and I'm excited to see how it turns out. From the Best of Silver Hills cookbook. Sounds delicious! Update: We made this for Thanksgiving and it was nice and moist and very flavorful. Everyone was digging into it! I baked it for 20 minutes then covered it with tinfoil and baked it 20 more minutes to keep it moist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups whole wheat bread, cubed and slightly toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 tablespoon vegan chicken seasoning (I use McKays vegan Chicken Style Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup cashews, raw
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced raw
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1Mix bread cubes, sage, 1/2 tbsp chicken style seasoning, and nutritional yeast together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- 2Pour cashews, salt, and 1/2 tbsp chicken style seasoning into blender. Add water and blend until very smooth.
- 3Add olive oil to fry pan and saute celery and onion pieces until soft.
- 4Add blended mixture to pan with sauteed celery and onions and bring liquid to a boil.
- 5Pour liquid over bread cubes. Mix thouroughly.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Place bread cubes in an oiled 8x8 inch casserole dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 8Serve hot with canberries and gravy!
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Bread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 300.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat bread
vegan chicken seasoning