I lost my Bread Dressing recipe but a friend of mine makes this one and I'm excited to see how it turns out. From the Best of Silver Hills cookbook. Sounds delicious! Update: We made this for Thanksgiving and it was nice and moist and very flavorful. Everyone was digging into it! I baked it for 20 minutes then covered it with tinfoil and baked it 20 more minutes to keep it moist.
- 3 cups whole wheat bread, cubed and slightly toasted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 tablespoon vegan chicken seasoning (I use McKays vegan Chicken Style Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2⁄3 cup cashews, raw
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced raw
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix bread cubes, sage, 1/2 tbsp chicken style seasoning, and nutritional yeast together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Pour cashews, salt, and 1/2 tbsp chicken style seasoning into blender. Add water and blend until very smooth.
- Add olive oil to fry pan and saute celery and onion pieces until soft.
- Add blended mixture to pan with sauteed celery and onions and bring liquid to a boil.
- Pour liquid over bread cubes. Mix thouroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread cubes in an oiled 8x8 inch casserole dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with canberries and gravy!