Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This amazing dessert recipe came from a wonderful website, vegan.sheknows.com
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 pears, ripened, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 3 cups blueberries, thawed and drained if frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in small bowl combine the ground flaxseed and water, set aside to thicken.
- in large bowl, combine pears, blueberries, cinnamon, and 3 T sugar.
- transfer fruit to a 9"square baking dish.
- in medium bowl, mix together remaining sugar, cornstarch, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- stir in flax and maple syrup until just moistened.
- drop flour mixture onto fruit mixture.
- bake for 25 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and the fruit is hot.
- serve with dairy-free whipped cream.