Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, whole wheat vegan blueberry muffins.
Make and share this Vegan Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soy milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix 1 Tbsp ground flax seed with 3 Tbsp water. Set aside.
- In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients and stir around.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients together with 1 cup blueberries and mix until combined but not smooth. Do not over mix, few lumps are absolutely fine.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin pan filling each tin 3/4 full. Bake 20 min in the oven preheated to 375°F.
I absolutely had to have a vegan muffin this past weekend when, during a park-wide garage sale, we had a table laid out with a variety of muffins as a lure for prospective buyers! And, since I knew there were several vegan neighbors around, well . . . Anyway, I used frozen blueberries for these & the finished product had a wonderful taste! I especially liked the use of whole wheat flour in them! Very nice! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]