Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Deliciously moist. A recipe to remember!
Make and share this Vegan Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or orange extract)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon (or orange)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tine with paper liners or spray with pam. Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth. Gently fold in the blueberries until they are evenly distributed. Scoop the batter into each muffin cup, almost filling it. Bake the muffins on the center rack for 22 to 25 minutes rotating 180 degrees after 15 minutes. Let the muffins stand in the tin for about 10 minutes. Combine turbinado sugar and lemon zest in a small bowl or cup. Loosen and paint each top with a little agave nectar and dip into sugar mixture to coat top. Arrange muffins on platter and serve.