Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious! From "The Garden of Vegan" by Tanya Barnard & Sarah Kramer.
Make and share this Vegan Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup rolled oats (or oats)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or oil)
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener (stevia, or sugar if you're not vegan)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together soy milk and oat flakes.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the applesauce, sweetener, oil, and oat mixture.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and spoon into lightly greased or oiled muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
These are wonderful! I am not a vegan and did make a change to the recipe as I used butter and regular sugar rather than oil and stevia. I doubled the recipe and got 26 regular size muffins. Thanks, I needed something without eggs and these were so good I would make them again!
I used what we had: oatmilk and cinnamon applesauce. I added a bit more sugar: 3/4 cup brown sugar, and also added 1 tsp. vanilla. Everything else I followed true to this wonderful recipe. I am brand new to vegan baking and very grateful to have found this total keeper. Thank you hannahactually*
Update: Oops, I forgot - I used 2 cups of blueberries!
Excellent muffin recipe!!! I just got finished baking them for the first time and they are wonderful. I am so excited to find a recipe that turned out great using the egg replacer.