Recipe by Ravenhood
Tasty but not too sweet, these whole wheat cupcakes are great for breakfast or as a snack. They can be baked as muffins but tend to be on the verge of sogginess inside - they bake better as cupcakes (if you only have a regular-sized muffin pan, put less batter in each cup than usual to make smaller muffins). I made slight modifications to this recipe that I found on someone's blog, who made slight modifications to a recipe they found on someone else's blog, who... and on and on.
- 414.03 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml ground flax seeds
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 236.59 ml milk (of your choice)
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml oil (can also use applesauce)
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 24-cupcake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside. In a big bowl, sift dry ingredients together. In a smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients together, including the milk mixture. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Add the blueberries and stir until just incorporated into the batter.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool for a dozen minutes before serving as the blueberries will be very hot.