Recipe by basia1
From Dinner:A Love Story. We made this with blueberries and substituted more vanilla for the almond, as that's what we had available. Delicious!
- 2 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container blackberries (or blueberries or raspberries)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. In a glass baking dish, toss together the fruit and sugar. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the peaches are baking, prepare the cobbler topping. In a small bowl, stir together the almond milk, oil, vanilla, and almond extract, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place both flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients slowly, stirring to combine after each addition.
- After the fruit has cooked, remove the piece of foil. Scatter spoonfuls of the dough on top of the fruit (smushing and flattening down the dollops a bit) and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake another 15 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.