canella kumke's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. I'm a Vegan and I'm always in the kitchen. I love homemade black bean burgers, and these are hands down the best ones I've ever made. Even my omnivore hubby and dad loved these. Hope you like them too! I like the slaw ontop of my "burgers", but they like it on the side, so which ever you choose... or do both!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 fresh ear of corn
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, choped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less if you're not into spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- cooking spray
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 (20 ounce) package soft tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small pan heat the oil. When the oil is hot add the onions and cook until translucent.
- 3While the onions are cooking cut the corn kernals off the cob. Add the corn, pepper, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4While the mixture is cooking process the almonds in a food processor (or blender) until finely chopped. Add the black beans and process until almost smooth.
- 5Scrape the bean mixture into a large bowl. Add the pepper mixture, soy sauce, cumin, parsley, cayenne pepper, paprika, pinch of salt, and the flour. Stir and combine everything. Divide into 4 equal portions.
- 6Cut 4 squares of reynolds wrap foil and spray with cooking spray. Shape the portions into thick "burgers". Wrap one "burger" in one piece of foil and repeat with all 4. Place them seam side down on a baking sheet and poke a few small holes in to top of the foil with a toothpick.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes.
- 8While the "burgers" are baking combine the tofu, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a food processor (or blender), and process until completely smooth.
- 9Pour the tofu mixture over the shredded cabbage and mix until very well combined and all the cabbage is covered. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- 10Take the "burgers" out of the oven and unwrap the foil. Serve on whole wheat buns and top off with a huge portion of the slaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Black Bean Burgers With a Tofu Slaw #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 912.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 23.6 g