Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy and easy biscuits and gravy.
Make and share this Vegan Biscuits and Gravy (Using Bisquick) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2 teaspoons earth balance butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water, warmed
- 1 teaspoon better than bullion vegetable stock base
- garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- Braggs liquid aminos, amino acid
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- First make your biscuits by combining the bisquick mix and soymilk. Cook in a 450 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Melt butter, and cook onion until translucent.
- While onion is cooking, dissolve your vegetable base in water, add garlic powder, black pepper and braggs amino acid. (I didn't measure the braggs, just poured some in to taste). Set aside.
- When onion is done, add flour and begin to slowly add water mixture to form your gravy. Dissolve cornstarch in a little bit of cold water and add to gravy to thicken.
- Pour gravy over biscuits and enjoy!
Biscuits were so so and the gravy wasn't good at all. thin with little flavor. No one would tounch it.
I know it's counterproductive to make a vegan biscuit and then pour sausage gravy all over it, but that's what I did. I made the biscuit's as described but I made the gravy in the same pan I made my breakfast sausages on (safe to assume I'm not vegan, right). The gravy was flavorful and not too salty. Thanks again for another yummy recipe!
The biscuits turned out great- a really simple way to cook them vegan! (never thought about using bisquick and soy milk). Had less luck with the gravy, it was really, really watery and I had to dump it out and find a new gravy recipe on the interweb. Found a great tasting gravy and had a great meal!