Recipe by Sudika
An experiment in healthier baking that turned out well. Add 1/2 cup more sugar if u like it sweet.
- 437 ml self raising flour
- 250 ml spelt flour
- 125 ml cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup beetroot, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup banana, pureed
- 1 cup milk (soy etc)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (sunflower, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Spray a rectangular roasting tray or glass pyrex dish with nonstick spray. (Roughly 15cm x 25 cm).
- Combine all ingredients from flour to sugar thoroughly.
- Combine milk, oil and banana puree thoroughly.
- Add carrots and beetroots into dry mix. Add wet ingredients into the dry mix and whisk thoroughly.
- Bake at 180 for 45 minutes, or till a skewer comes out clean. The banana may cause a small bit of stickiness on the skewer.
- Ice if preferred.