Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice change I found on the Bush's bean website. "Taco filling using fried beans as its base. Great with taco shells, tortillas, on taco salads or chips."
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in onion, garlic, and bell pepper; cook until tender.
- Stir in mashed beans; Add the cornmeal.
- Mix in cumin, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, and salsa.
- Cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve as desired.
I made the recipe for only 2 so cut the spices in half but still used the full cup of schunky salsa. I used it as a taco salad. My husband and I both thought it was very tasty. I will make it again.