Recipe by DyersTrophyWifey
Basically this is what happens when you just use what ya got! I had leftover black eyed peas in the fridge, I was hungry, I didn't want beans...so voila! & It took less than 10 minutes!
- 1⁄2 cup cooked beans (I used Black Eyed Peas but any would probably work...experiment!)
- 2 tablespoons organic black bean dip
- natural salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Bragg's Liquid Aminos may be substituted)
- 1⁄4 cup Veggie Shreds cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour (wheat)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a small or medium frying pan with natural Canola or Olive Oil (or healthy oil of your choice).
- On high, warm the beans for about a minute or so. (if not warm already).
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Put in bowl; mash up with large spoon until they are kind of a paste-like texture.
- Add in Bean dip, salt and pepper, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Flour hands; add flour into mixture until it can be easily formed into a patty.
- Lightly grease pan and add patties.
- Brown for a couple of minutes, then flip. Sprinkle "cheese" on top, cover pan.
- Toast bread or buns.
- When patties are browned and cheese is melted, put on bread. Garnish with lettuce, fresh tomatoes, salsa or natural ketchup, mustard, vegenaise -- or whatever you like!