Recipe by Nikoma
From Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's book "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World". This easy "buttercream" frosting is as good (if not better) then any other I've ever had. I was very pleasantly surprised when I first made it! I defy you to tell the difference!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine (Earth Balance)
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup plain soymilk (or almond milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the shortening and margarine together until well combined (about 5 minutes).
- Add the sugar, and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add vanilla and soy milk.
- Beat an additional 5-7 minutes until fluffy!
- This is enough to frost your average 13x9 cake, or at least 12 cupcakes.