you can substitute any kind of nut- or even chocolate. the batter is quite thick, so i recommend making smaller pancakes, and 3 to a pan. from vegan with a vengeance.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups very-well mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk, plus
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (let sit for 5 min)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- cooking spray, for the pan
- sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- in a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana with the soymilk. oil, and vanilla until pretty smooth.
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix but do not over-mix.
- fold in the pecans.
- brush a large non-stick skillet with canola oil or spray and heat over med/high heat until hot bot not smoking.
- working in batches of three, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into the hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minute flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- transfer to a large plat and cover loosely until the rest are done.
- serve warm.