Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
you can substitute any kind of nut- or even chocolate. the batter is quite thick, so i recommend making smaller pancakes, and 3 to a pan. from vegan with a vengeance.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups very-well mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk, plus
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (let sit for 5 min)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- cooking spray, for the pan
- sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- in a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana with the soymilk. oil, and vanilla until pretty smooth.
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix but do not over-mix.
- fold in the pecans.
- brush a large non-stick skillet with canola oil or spray and heat over med/high heat until hot bot not smoking.
- working in batches of three, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into the hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minute flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- transfer to a large plat and cover loosely until the rest are done.
- serve warm.
just wow. if you're looking for a vegan pancake recipe, just stop here. no use of going on and on and on when these are the most delicious pancakes you'll ever taste. My brother is the biggest pancake lover i know. he came over while i was making pancakes and asked me to make him a couple. i told him they were vegan and he was willing to try them. i ended up making him two more and he said that they were the best pancakes he ever tasted. i substituted half of the dry mixture with whole wheat flour . today i will be making another small batch with just wheat and see how that turns out. i think they will be great.
These were great! I'm the only vegan in my family and my husband often finds my vegan attempts...subpar. �� These were gone in like 10 minutes. Three kids under 6. I was afraid they would be too dense or dried out. Not at all! I eyeballed the bananas and just mushed and added three bananas. Maybe that's why. At any rate...will be a weekend regular in our house!
I really enjoyed these pancakes. I didn't add the pecans, only because I didn't have any, but next time I will plan better and add them. The pancakes were delish thanks for the recipe!