Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
you can substitute any kind of nut- or even chocolate. the batter is quite thick, so i recommend making smaller pancakes, and 3 to a pan. from vegan with a vengeance.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups very-well mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk, plus
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (let sit for 5 min)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- cooking spray, for the pan
- sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- in a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana with the soymilk. oil, and vanilla until pretty smooth.
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix but do not over-mix.
- fold in the pecans.
- brush a large non-stick skillet with canola oil or spray and heat over med/high heat until hot bot not smoking.
- working in batches of three, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into the hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minute flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- transfer to a large plat and cover loosely until the rest are done.
- serve warm.
I really enjoyed these pancakes. I didn't add the pecans, only because I didn't have any, but next time I will plan better and add them. The pancakes were delish thanks for the recipe!
Although neither vegan nor vegetarian, we both thoroughly enjoyed these flavorful 'cakes for breakfast the other day, & I'll be making them again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup recipe tag]
Really yummy! I'm not a vegan, but I am a pancake fanatic and have been trying new recipes like crazy lately. I don't like the smell of vinegar and try to avoid it when I can, so I subbed in orange juice. I also did as previous reviewer suggested and subbed in some whole wheat flour. This is a keeper!