1/2 Photos of Vegan Banana-Pecan Pancakes
you can substitute any kind of nut- or even chocolate. the batter is quite thick, so i recommend making smaller pancakes, and 3 to a pan. from vegan with a vengeance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups very-well mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups soymilk, plus
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (let sit for 5 min)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- cooking spray, for the pan
- 1sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- 2in a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana with the soymilk. oil, and vanilla until pretty smooth.
- 3pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix but do not over-mix.
- 4fold in the pecans.
- 5brush a large non-stick skillet with canola oil or spray and heat over med/high heat until hot bot not smoking.
- 6working in batches of three, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into the hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minute flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 7transfer to a large plat and cover loosely until the rest are done.
- 8serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Banana-Pecan Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (921 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 216.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g