My friend who is a baker gave me this recipe because I am in love with these cookies! You don't have to be vegan to enjoy these. *Don't omit the cinnamon. It's what makes these cookies the best.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, sugar, oil, and water.
- Add the banana and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture. mix well.
- Stir in the oats.
- If the mixture seems too thin, let it sit for a minute so the oats can absorb some of the excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 13 minutes until done (they should be a bit browned on the bottom).
Delicious - was looking for something vegan for a bake sale, but these are good by any standard. I added a cup of chopped pecans which made it taste just like banana nut bread and gave it some nice texture.
This are delicious! To make them gluten free, we substituted Chickpea flower and it worked well. We added Trader Joe's vegan chocolate chips too and they added a nice flavor.
love this recipe to use up one remaining banana and always have oats on hand, so thanks emerald. I reduced amount of sugar to one cup and used coconut oil. taste great. will try with applesauce too.