Recipe by esmerelda smoot
My friend who is a baker gave me this recipe because I am in love with these cookies! You don't have to be vegan to enjoy these. *Don't omit the cinnamon. It's what makes these cookies the best.
Top Review by Erin M.
Delicious - was looking for something vegan for a bake sale, but these are good by any standard. I added a cup of chopped pecans which made it taste just like banana nut bread and gave it some nice texture.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups oats
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, sugar, oil, and water.
- Add the banana and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture. mix well.
- Stir in the oats.
- If the mixture seems too thin, let it sit for a minute so the oats can absorb some of the excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 13 minutes until done (they should be a bit browned on the bottom).