The basic recipe for these tasty little gems comes from picklesandhoney.com, but I added and changed a few ingredients to make it my own. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bananas, mashed (use ripe ones)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coffee (use a strong brew if you have it)
- 1/8 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup oats
- 1/8 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 1/3 cup flour (I used spelt flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1In a big bowl combine all of the wet ingredients (bananas, pb and coffee).
- 2Stir in cinnamon and chocolate chips, oats and flax seeds.
- 3In a second bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 4Sift this into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. A few lumps are ok.
- 5Batter will be thick, it should be brownie like.
- 6Fill into prepared muffin tins and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Banana Nut Muffins (Healthyish)
Serving Size: 1 (691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 132.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips