Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The basic recipe for these tasty little gems comes from picklesandhoney.com, but I added and changed a few ingredients to make it my own. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we did!
- 2 bananas, mashed (use ripe ones)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup coffee (use a strong brew if you have it)
- 1⁄8 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1⁄8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 cup oats
- 1⁄8 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 1⁄3 cup flour (I used spelt flour)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- In a big bowl combine all of the wet ingredients (bananas, pb and coffee).
- Stir in cinnamon and chocolate chips, oats and flax seeds.
- In a second bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Sift this into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. A few lumps are ok.
- Batter will be thick, it should be brownie like.
- Fill into prepared muffin tins and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.