I am not a vegan, but tried to be for a couple weeks and this is one recipe that has really stuck with me. It's high-fiber, super healthy, and so good!
- 1 1⁄3 cups wheat flour (or other flour)
- 1⁄2 cup unrefined sugar (you can use regular sugar if you don't have Raw Cane Sugar or Turbinado)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran (or you can use plain instant dry oatmeal)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup rice milk (you can use soy or regular milk if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients together, separate from the dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Place mixture into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I really liked this recipe. I used whole wheat flour and canola oil instead of olive oil. Also, i decided to play around with the recipe. to one of the muffins batter, i added chocolate chips. to another one i added cinnamon. my favorite turned out to be the chocolate chip one. the cinnamon one came second and the plain one last.
This recipe is perfect and delicious! Nobody will guess its vegan!
This was a great recipe. I used regular flour instead of the wheat flour, canola oil instead of olive oil and almond milk instead of the rice milk. I shared the muffins with my co-workers and no one believed they were vegan! Everyone wanted the recipe!