Recipe by gourmet1
These flavorful muffins are a healthy and delicious family favorite! A variation on this recipe is to add 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips before baking.
Top Review by poppy_cooks
These were fantastic! I altered the recipe a bit, reducing the flour to 2 cups (all white, didn't have whole wheat on hand) and adding some quick-cook oatmeal and flaxseed to equal approx a 1/2 cup, and added about 1.5 cups of frozen blueberries. I also increased the baking soda and powder a bit, so about 1.5 tsp of each. It ended up making 24 muffins. They came out very moist, not dry AT ALL, and pretty dense, which I don't mind. They're delicious and filling. Thank you!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 118.29 ml brown sugar or 118.29 ml pure maple syrup
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml cardamom powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 354.88 ml white flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease or place cups in tin for 12 muffins.
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add oil, sugar or maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and cardamon and mix.
- Add flours, baking powder and baking soda and mix.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are done and slightly browned on top.