Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Top Review by alisha26
I was extremely impressed with these cupcakes and will definitely make them again!
They were really moist and delicious :)
I found the amount of almond extract a little overwhelming and will try putting in a bit less next time. I preferred the cupcakes without chocolate.. but with was also delicious.
I made them with a cream cheese frosting which worked well.
Highly recommended :)
- 1⁄2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk or 2⁄3 cup rice milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your pan with paper liners.
- Throw your mashed banana in a blender or push it through a sieve to make sure there are no lumps in it.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl, mix well. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, soy or rice milk, vanilla, almond and mashed banana. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry, don’t over mix or you’ll get tough cupcakes. Small lumps are fine.
- Fill liners 2/3 full, top the batter of each cupcake with 1 tsp of finely chopped chocolate and use a toothpick to gently stir them inches.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.