Recipe by beckagator
A wonderful breakfast twist on classic Banana Bread, adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/only-one-vegan-banana-bread-104529
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup vegan bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Whisk Lemon Juice and Almond Milk together, set aside and let it curdle while preparing the other ingredients.
- 2. Sift together Flour, Oats, Baking Powder and Soda.
- 3. Add Chocolate Chips to the dry mixture.
- 4. Cream Margarine and Sugar together.
- 5. Add Bananas and Milk mixture to the Sugar and Butter.
- 6. Make a well in your dry ingredients.
- 7. Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- 8. Stir until just combined, do not over stir, It will be lumpy, that is okay.
- 9. Spoon into Muffin tins sprayed with Non Stick Spray.
- 10. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.